Schola ludus 2007
Schola ludus is an international summer school for university
students and graduates from technical studies and natural sciences. The aim
of Schola ludus is to introduce field of Physical Biology and Biotechnology
to students who are interested in postrgradual od PhD. study at the Institute
of Physical Biology University of South Bohemia. Project leaders are internationaly
well known scientists from the Czech Republic.
In the year 2007 is Schola ludus project cofinance by European social fund
and budget of Czech republic (project CZ.04.1.03/184.108.40.206/0360) "European
social fund (abbreviation ESF) helps to the development of employment and its
support, bussiness background, equal opportunities and investment in human resources."
Schola ludus participants will be actively work on announced scientifical projects
according to their own choice. Solving scientifical project, students will increase
their scientifical skills and they will find out how work in a small scientifical
group lookes like.
Except interesting scientifical work students can follow interesting non-scientifical
programm as well ☺.
- Excursions to the laboratories and work places of University of South Bohemia
(České Budejovice city), Institute of Microbiology (Trebon city), Biological
center of Academy of Science (České Budejovice city) and, of course, laboratories
of Academy and university center in Nove Hrady - for students from 3rd countries
- Excursions to the laboratories and work places of Fachhochschule Krems (Austria)
and Johannes Kepler University in Linz (Austria) - unfortunately not for students
from 3rd countries (because of visa duty)
- Regular cycle of interesting lecture given by well known world speakers
and scientests - this year for example Assoc. prof. Otakar Jelinek (Charles
University in Prague, CZ), Assoc. prof. Jannette Carey (University of Princeton,
US), dr. Rainer Heintznann (King´s College London, UK), Assoc. prof. Ondrej
Prasil (Institute of Microbiology Academy of Science, CZ) and many others....
- Cultural events (music concerts, exhibitions, dance)
- Sport possibilities - volleyball, biking, walking, swimming, table tennis,
- Student mini-congress: All the Schola ludus students will present their
work goals to the scientific community and to other participants.
- Institute of Physical Biology, University of South Bohemia
- Nove Hrady University College (NUC), Czech republic
- Institute of Systém Biology and Ecology, Academy of Science, Czech republic
- University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Biotechnology, Krems, Austria
- Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences, Czech republic
- Institute of Plant Molecular Biology, Biological Center, Academy of Science,
- July 8th - Arrival
- July 9th - July 13th - Excursions (non obligatory)
- July 9th - August 1st - Work and mini-congress presentation preparation
- August 2nd - August 3rd - Mini-congress
- August 4th - Departure
- Hereby we would like to ask all the student to communicate exactly and as
soon as possible directly with the leader of project you would be intereste
- If you have any other questions concerning Schola ludus organisation, follow
FAQ page or contact Ms. Marcela Pokorna on pokorna(a)greentech.cz,
who will very kindly try to help you.
- If you are foreigners from 3rd countries (Belarus, Russia, India
etc.) do not forget you have to apply for Czech visa - this procedure takes
about 1 months, it means for you will be the best solution to fill up Schola
ludus application form as soon as possible. Concerning to the visa duty contact
Ms. Marcela Pokorna on pokorna(a)greentech.cz
Translation responsibility: MSc. Marcela Pokorna
Academic and University Center
Zamek 136, Nove Hrady