- Project name
- Fish image-based identification – real-time demonstration.
- Ing. Petr Císař, Ph.D.
- Description of the activities of the project
- Automatic fish individual identification is one of the important parts of the emerging field of Precision fish farming. Nowadays, individual identification is made using invasive tags implanted into the fish or by invasive fish marking. This approach disables to use of fish individual identification in the cultivation cages because of the high number of individuals and the need to catch the fish. Our laboratory developed the approach of individual fish identification based on unique fish appearance (eye pattern, skin pattern). The images of fish are used for identification. The approach is successful and can be used as a substitute for standard tagging. The approach was tested under laboratory conditions and tested in the real aquarium. The system for fish imaging was developed and tested.
- The aim of the project is the improvement of the design of hardware for fish image collection in a small aquarium for the purpose of fish identification. Students will improve the existing solution and settings to get the optimal image. In collaboration with the supervisor, they will develop the methods for fish localization in the image and use the existing approach for fish identification. The students will learn the methods and the basics of image processing. The outcome of the project will be the system for fish image data collection under real conditions. It will be used in the future research of the laboratory.
- Number of students - 1-2
- high school students students - NO
- university students - YES
- Prepositions (what should the students know): basics of programing
Academic and University Center
Zamek 136, Nove Hrady