- Project name
- Fish photo identification demonstration system – real conditions
- Ing. Petr Císař, Ph.D.
- Description of the activities of the project
- Automatic fish individual identification is one of the important parts of the emerging field Precision fish farming. Nowadays the individual is done using invasive tags implanted into the fish or by invasive fish marking. This approach disables to used fish individual identification in the cultivation cages because of the high number of individuals and the need to catch the fish. Our laboratory developed the approach of individual fish identification based on fish unique appearance (eye pattern, skin pattern). The images of fish are used for identification. The approach is successful and can be used as substitute of the standard tagging. The approach was tested under the laboratory conditions and need to be transferred into the environment under the real conditions.
- The aim of the project is design the hardware solution for fish image collection in small aquarium for the purpose of fish identification. Students will test different cameras and settings to get the optimal image. They will test the quality of the images using basic image processing methods. The students will learn the methods and the basics of image processing. The outcome of the project will be the methodology for fish image data collection under the real conditions.
- Number of students - 1-2
- high school students students - NO
- university students - YES
- Prepositions (what should the students know): basics of programming a knowledge of image processing is the advantage
Academic and University Center
Zamek 136, Nove Hrady