- Project name
- Company project (EATON) – Design of experiment (DoE) for optimization of the grinding wheel maintenance
- Ing. Petr Císař, Ph.D.
- Description of the activities of the project
- Enable to implement automatic procedure of honing of the grinding wheel based on the optimal parameters estimation using design of experiment methodology.
Eaton Industries (Austria) will provide the set of the factors (parameters) and levels of the honing procedure currently applying. The effect of the factors, mathematical model and optimal setting of the value of individual factors will be estimated based on the Design of Experiment methodology. System response is the roughness of the parts of the relay. The roughness will be measured by the standard procedure used by Eaton Industries. Eaton Industries will realize all measurements of the roughness.
- The outcomes of the analysis together with experiments and methodology description will be provided in the form of final report.
The students will learn DoE methodology and work on the real industry problem. The visit to the company and planning of experiments is the part of the project. The student will be able to apply DoE to the project of their study topics.
- Number of students - 2
- secondary school students - NO
- university students - YES
Academic and University Center
Zamek 136, Nove Hrady