2nd Summer School in Molecular Biophysics and Systems Biology
Term: 7th July – 27th July 2014
|Day||Date||Time||Place||Event or presentation||People||Notes|
|Mon||ARRIVAL DATE||9:00 – 5:00 P.M.|
|Tue||8.7.||9:00 A.M.||theatre hall||Welcome morning||Dr. Libor Grubhoffer,Dr. Rudiger Ettrich, Project leaders|
|Wed||9.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture||Dr.Tomáš Polívka|
|Th||10.7||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture||Dr. Bohdan Schneider|
|Fri||11.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture||Dr. Martina Roeselová|
|Mo||14.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture||Dr. Robert Vácha|
|Tue||15.7||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture||Dr. Maik Kschischo|
|Wed||16.7||All day||Český Krumlov||Rafting – Vltava River|
|Th||17.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture – Was binding of free aminoacids an early innovation in the evolution of allostery?||Dr.Rudiger Ettrich|
|Fri||18.7.||7:00 P.M.||Culture house||Concert – “Parrot orphans”|
|Sat||19.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Free time|
|Sun||20.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Free time|
|Mo||21.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture – How to make your presentation killing||Marcela Kotrčová|
|Tue||22.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture – Structure and dynamics of biomolecules in aqueous and non-aqueous solutions||Dr. Babak Minofar|
|Wed||23.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||Lecture – Biological Applications of QM/MM calculations||Dr. David Řeha|
|Th||24.7.||7:00 P.M.||Preparation for students presentations|
|Fri||25.7.||7:00 P.M.||theatre hall||SS presentation + student festival in the evening + ceremony|
|Sat||26.7.||Afternoon||Tereza valley, Farewell party, Departure|
Academy and University Center
Chateau Nove Hrady 136
373 33 Nove Hrady
South Bohemia, Czech Republic,
Loc: 48°47’28.68″N, 14°46’56.28″E.
There are several ways to get to Nove HradyPublic transport:
- From Prague, Czech republic
- Take a train (recommmended) or a bus to České Budějovice and then take:
- a bus to Nové Hrady. The bus station in České Budějovice is on the top of the DOC Mercury shopping center, which is very close to the Railway station.
- a train from České Budějovice to Nové Hrady train stop. Take a bus from Nove Hrady train stop to Nove Hrady
For connections see: IDOS
If any difficulties, please contact us. We will help you to get to Nove Hrady (we are able to take you by our car from České Budějovice and Nové Hrady train stop.)
- From Vienna, Austria
- Take a train to Gmünd/České Velenice – town on the border between Czech republic and Austria, but sometimes it goes directly to Czech republic. Then take a train from České Velenice(it is the Czech part of Gmünd) to Nové Hrady train stop, then take a bus from Nové Hrady train stop to Nové Hrady.
For connections see: IDOS
Let us know, please, if you choose this way. We will find the best connection for you.
By your car:
- You can park your car in front of the institute for free. It is a safe car park.
Costs: Tuition, accommodation/meals are free for participants
Transportation is not covered.
Eligibility: Applications are accepted from undergraduate and graduate students and Ph.D. students
Currency: Czech crowns (1 EUR = 27 Czech crowns), You can find a cash machine in Nove Hrady. However, there is no exchange office.
Shops in Nove Hrady usually close at 6 p.m. (Mo – Fri), at 5 p.m. (Sa), at 11.30 a.m. (Su). You can pay by credit cards.